SAINT-BENEDICT MEDAL / CRUCIFIX
We are suggesting that you wear the st-Benedict cross. It’s a «sacramental», namely a liturgical object to which the church has attached many beneficial spiritual effects, especially to fight temptations from the demon or to obtain a healing. All of this is obtain by the intercession of Saint-Benedict, father of the Benedictine way of life.
The Saint Benedict medal, embed in a crucifix, has a ancient origin. The medal was formally approved by Pope Benedict XIV in 1741. On one side, we see saint Benedict holding a cross in his right hand and on his left hand his rule for monasteries.
On the back is a cross with these latin initials :
- S.P.R. - The Cross of [our] Holy Father Benedict
- S.S.M.L. - May the holy cross be my light
- D.S.M.D. - "May the dragon never be my overlord" - "Let the devil not be my leader."
- R.S. - "Begone satan!" - "Get behind me satan"
- S.M.V. - "Never tempt me with your vanities" - "Don't persuade me of wicked things."
- M.Q.L. - "What you offer me is evil." - "What you are showing me is bad."
- V.R. - "Drink your poisons yourself."
When buying the Saint-Benedict cross, you will need to have it bless legitimately by a priest or deacon.
Size : 8cm X 4.5cm (3.25’’ X 1.75’’)